Tuesday, July 04, 2006


Flying High!!

When I started this blog I thought it would be so easy to post something every day or so - well, it wasn't as easy as I thought. Between life committments and then being tongue tied or is it keyboard tied these days? I just haven't posted but I am starting again and hope to do better....starting now.

I just got back from attending a great quilt festival better known as the Vermont Quilt Festival - to find out more about it visit their website at www.vqf.org. I have been attending this festival annually since 1991 - this is my girls version of the guys going off to a hunting or fishing camp. Only I think this one is a lot more fun!!
When I first attended I was in total awe of the quilts that were entered in the contest portion of their show and felt that I would never be good enough to enter a quilt myself. To this day I am still in awe as I walk the show and see the caliber of quilt that is entered into this non-juried show.

Two years ago I plucked up my courage and shushed the little voices that said that I was over stepping my bounds and entered a quilt in the competition. I took a second place ribbon and I was one very happy quilter! Last year I had nothing to enter as the quilt I had thought of entering was elsewhere. But in checking the criteria I saw that I could enter it this year and did so . Drum roll please - not only did I get a first place ribbon but I was also awarded the prize for the entry with the most points from outside the US AND I received a Judges Choice award from Libby Lehman. I am still 10 feet off of the ground.

I have included the photo above of Libby and I standing in front of my prize winning quilt - I'm the one on the left. So to all of you creative people out there who think that you'll never be good enough - keep plugging away and remember you'll never know if you're good enough unless you enter the contests.
I sure never thought that this could be me!! ;-)

No comments: