Friday, August 31, 2007

Ah, back to almost normal...

After a very busy summer, I am almost back into the swing of work and sewing/quilting. The distractions were all great ones - an anniversary/graduation celebration and a wedding. But now it's time to get back 'real life'.

This small crazy quilt piece is my July BJP - before the beads are added. This has been an interesting process even thought I am REALLY far behind at this point. I haven't even started June or August and here it is Sept.

I was going to put off starting July - even though I knew exactly what I wanted to do because I didn't have June done - then I remembered Robin saying that there are no BJP police and I jumped the line...... I do know what I want for August and will prepare the base for that one in the next few days. All of the bases will be crazy patched, it's the embellishments and stories that will change.

This is also becoming an ever changing work in progress. Each time I think I have worked through all of the kinks something seems to happen and I am back to re-thinking. Right now I am back to trying to figure out if I want to be able to display these pages as one whole unit or do I want to display them as individual pieces? Initially, I had decided that I wanted to be able to hook them together into a 'whole quilt' using the borders as a form of sashing. The problem is finding a border that will suit the different color that I already have in mind.....and until I figure the single vs the whole out I can't finish the edges......a proverbial Catch 22.
The next blog will have some pix of the piece with some of the beading done and an explanation of the fabric/color choices......


Posted by Picasa

No comments: