Tuesday, May 29, 2007


I'm In!!
Yesterday I wrote about two other blogs that had caught my eye - the TAST - and the Bead Journal Project. I contacted both of the list masters and was accepted.
You will see the link to the TAST ring on the sidebar of this blog - and a BIG thank-you to Debra for wading through the techie stuff for me and putting that link in. I sure have a lot to learn about blogs, links, rings, etc.....but if you learn a little each day it amounts to an awful lot by the end of the week, the month and the year!!
I also got accepted into the Bead Journal Project - I didn't realize that there was a cut off date of May 30 - so I slid in under the wire. I have posted my intentions on that blog but will also keep track of my progress and work here on my own blog. In reading some of the intro blogs I can see that I'm in with some pretty amazing people - here's hoping I can live up to the standard!!
Basically I will be experimenting with beads and embroidery stitches and creating a beaded journal page about it once a month....now I just have to figure out how to get my camera to take better close up pix than it does so that I can post some of the WIP (Work In Progress). The pix above is of some of my previous crazy patchwork but the photo doesn't do the work justice.....
Here we are again with that two steps forward, one step back....

1 comment:

Maggie R said...

Hi Karen,
Long time no see!(Making a bag at Heather Stewart's)
I was happy to see another Canadian I knew on the Bead Journal Project! Should be fun, I'm not sure what I will do with my journal as I am fairly new to beading.But it will be a good learning experience of that i am sure.
BTW I plan to take your crazy quilt workshop in Exeter in Sept.Looking forward to that.
((((hugs))))
Maggie Robinson, Ingersoll, Ont.